We hope these resources will be helpful in educating your members. Click on the links below for access.
Below are two links to renowned definitions of Anti-Semitism. The third link is to President Trumps’ Executive Order on Combating Anti-Semitism, which provides further protections to Jewish students under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- U.S. State Department Definition of Anti-Semitism
- The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) Working Definition of Antisemitism
- Executive Order on Combating Anti-Semitism
What Every Christian Needs to Know and How to Stop It
The US Branch of the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem has produced a very informative booklet on Anti-Semitism that is available as a free resource. The link to download the booklet is below.
Below are some organizations that work to combat antisemitism and intolerance in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Combat Anti-Semitism Movement – CAM is a global network of organizations and individuals committed to confronting anti-Semitism and provides excellent weekly recaps of antisemitism around the world.
- The Anti-Defamation League – The mission of ADL is to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.
- American Jewish Committee – AJC is a global Jewish advocacy organization, with access to government officials, diplomats, and other world leaders.
- The AMCHA Initiative – AMCHA Initiative is a non-profit organization dedicated to investigating, documenting, educating about, and combating antisemitism at institutions of higher education in America.
Christian Perspective and Resources
Below is analysis by the US Branch of the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
- The Evil Pursuit of the Jewish People, by Susan Michael
- Rise of an Ancient Hatred, by Daryl Hedding
- Anti-Semitism section of IsraelAnswers.com website
The New Anti-Semitism: Anti-Zionism
Below are articles connecting modern anti-Zionism with classical anti-Semitism
- When Anti-Semitism Pretends to be Just Anti-Israel, by Israeli Ambassador to the UN Danny Danon
- How Anti-Zionists Legitimize Anti-Semitism, by Jonathan Tobin.
- Anti-Zionism is the New Anti-Semitism, by Stephen J. Savitsky.
- The Rise of Anti-Semitism on the Left, by Mark Thiessen
- State Department Updates Anti-Semitism Definition Following Omar’s Anti-Israel Resolution
Below is an online course by the experts at Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center in Jerusalem
Antisemitism: From its Origins to its Present – Yad Vashem
Reports and Tools
Below is a list of reports covering recent antisemitic trends and statistics in the U.S. and around the globe, and open source tools available to track antisemitism.
- The Resurgence of History’s Oldest Hatred: 100 Antisemitic Events in the U.S. in the Last 15 Months, The Family Research Council
- Left-Wing Anti-Semitism: The Greatest Campus Threat Is Ignored by the SPLC, The Family Research Council
- ADL’s Tracker of Anti-Semitic Incidents, The Anti-Defamation League
- AJC Survey of American Jews on Antisemitism in America, The American Jewish Committee, 2019
- Anti-Semitic Attitudes in the U.S.: A Guide to ADL’s Latest Poll, Anti-Defamation League, January 29, 2020
- National Survey: Anti-Semitism in America, Hudson Institute’s Center for Religious Freedom, June 2019
- Antisemitic Incidents Report 2019, The Community and Security Trust, February 7, 2020
- Experiences and perceptions of antisemitism – Second survey on discrimination and hate crime against Jews in the EU, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, December 10, 2018
- Interim report by the Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, September 23, 2019
- ADL Global 100, Anti-Defamation League, 2019
Below is a list of books which cover the history of antisemitism, as well as modern-day antisemitism and anti-Zionism.
- Bernard Lewis, Semites and Anti-Semites: An Inquiry into Conflict and Prejudice, W.W. Norton & Company, 2014
- Raul Hilberg, The Destruction of the European Jews, Martino Fine Books, 2019 Reprint of 1961 Edition
- Léon Poliakov, The History of Anti-Semitism, Volume 1, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2003
- Léon Poliakov, From the Time of Christ to the Court Jews, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2003
- Dennis Prager and Joseph Telushkin, Why the Jews, Touchstone, 2003
- Deborah Lipstadt, Antisemitism: Here and Now, Schocken, 2019
- Cary Nelson, Israel Denial: Anti-Zionism, Anti-Semitism, & the Faculty Campaign Against the Jewish State, Indiana University Press, 2019
- Eric Rozenman, Jews Make the Best Demons: “Palestine” and the Jewish Question, New English Review Press, 2018.
- Alan Dershowitz, The Case Against BDS: Why Singling Out Israel for Boycott Is Anti-Semitic and Anti-Peace, Post Hill Press, 2018
- Stephen Norwood, Antisemitism and the American Far Left, Cambridge University Press, 2013
- Neil Kressel, “The Sons of Pigs and Apes”: Muslim Antisemitism and the Conspiracy of Silence, Potomac Books, 2012